Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nit-Picky

I've been sick for the past couple of days, so I've been trying to catch up on some rest. But invariably what ends up happening is I shock the heck out of my system with all of the extra hours of sleep, then I get off kilter and outta whack. I went to bed at 3am (ONLY because I felt guilty that *B* had gone to bed 4 hours prior, not because I was tired). And now.. it's 6:38am and I can't keep my eyes closed. Not to mention my dry, hacky cough is quite annoying.

So I come out to my computer as usual, and log onto this blog. And what I notice has got me all in a fit. The formatting is off and I can't quite get it right. It's not uniform and it's driving me bonkers, so unsuccessfully, I try and try to fix it. And then it messes up my ticker at the bottom right >>>. ggrrr.. It's not that big of a deal, but it's annoying me that I don't know how to fix it. Perfectionist? no. Control freak? yes.

And here I had an inspiration to actually try to get back into writing. I've been slacking off in that department for a long time. And although I wasn't sure how I was going to approach my blog, this blog in particular, I just knew that I needed to get on it more. I have another blog, specifically for Charlotte and my journey after loss, but I want to keep that separate, only for that purpose. Then I remembered a suggestion that a friend of mine had a few years back when I was writing about Charlotte. He suggested to me to look into maybe publishing a devotional. Ha! Yeah, like I know what I'm talking about. People who write devotionals are all smart 'n stuff. They know the Bible inside and out. They have a relationship with Jesus that can not be penetrated. Pffft! Yeah. whatever.

But it got me thinking.

When I was writing about her I was able to recall verses in the Bible that I didn't even realize that I new. And when I would read it, I was able to understand it and actually apply it to my daily life. I was actually very fulfilled in reading the Word and living it out. Then, over time, I got in a funk. I've just felt overwhelmed and under attack. And in typical fashion, I would push my relationship and communication with God aside, only making my lot worse. Can anyone relate?

"All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. .."
2 Timothy 3:16-17


Er.. uh.. so here I am >>shrug<<. I'm taking a stab at getting back on track. I've rejoined a Bible study. One where the only book that is used is the Bible. And I'm blogging again. This time, with a *real life* application focus. This is for my personal growth, but you are welcome to come on the journey with me. I may not always nail the verse on the head, but I'm gonna try my best to. And maybe one day I'll look back on this and think: "Wow, I'm really glad I did it."

No comments: